Delicious recipe for Chicken with Banana Slices (Pollo Chuco)
A delicious traditional food that you can find on the streets of Honduras, especially on the north coast of the country.
- 2 pound chicken
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 cups oil for frying
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 Green bananas
- ½ cabbage
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 chicken soup
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp of spices or cumin
- fine coriander
- Salt to taste
- Leave the chicken with lemon and salt for 20 minutes
- Wash the chicken with water
- Cut the chicken into normal portions
- It is seasoned with the consommé, spices and a tablespoon of vinegar, salt to taste, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- The oil is then heated in a frying pan.
- Flour is prepared on a plate and the chicken is marinated with the flour
- Fry until golden
Preparation of the bananas
- Peel the green plantains and cut them into slices
- Fry the slices to the consistency of your liking
- Remove them and let them rest to drain the oil.
Preparation of the salad
- Wash vegetables with water, vinegar and baking soda
- Cut the tomatoes into small squares, the onion and the chili as well
- Gather in a container and add the vinegar, lemon, salt, pepper and fine culantillo
- Stir the ingredients well to absorb all the flavor
- On a plate, place the chicken together with the slices.
- Add the salad
- Sprinkle with a little juice from the salad on top of everything to dress the chicken and the little slices
- It is served as follows; The cabbage slices are placed on top of the chicken on one side and the chimol is added.