How to prepare Honduran Torrejas de Pinol
The pinol, which includes corn, cocoa and soy among its ingredients, make this food a very nutritious treat.
- 3 tbsp pinol
- 5 eggs
- 1 panel or candy lid
- 2 cups water per candy cap
- 5 sticks large cinnamon 5 cloves
- 1/2 lt soy or olive oil
- 1 li water
- Pinol: Roasted corn and roasted cocoa, then ground with cinnamon (until it is the consistency of powder).
- Beat the 5 egg whites until stiff.
- Without stopping beating, add the 5 flames. When this is well mixed, the 5 tablespoons of pinol are added and without stopping to beat one by one.
- This mix looks like pancake mix or (fried).
- Then the oil is preheated in a wave frying pan, 2 tablespoons of the mixture are poured but separated so that small buns are formed when this is half browned, it is turned over when the bread is like a pancake, it is removed and introduced in the liter of water boiling, so that the oil votes then it is removed and drained in a strainer then placed on a blanket and pressed with it to remove the water that has been absorbed.
- Then it is introduced into the previously prepared honey. Cook for about 20 or 30 minutes, let it cool and put it in the refrigerator.
- If the honey is too thick, add 1/2 or 1 cup of water before adding the fried buns.
- The honey is strained when it has boiled to avoid the cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- This is served cold and is a typical Honduran Easter dessert.