Municipality of El Triunfo
It is a municipality of the Department of Choluteca, in the Republic of Honduras.
Founded in 1877 with the name «Valle de Los Jobos.» In the 1887 census, it was listed as a municipality of the El Corpus district. In the 1895 census, it appears as a municipality of El Triunfo.
Contenido en esta Página
General Information about El Triunfo
Origin of its name: It is said that it was named «El Triunfo» (The Triumph) because it successfully obtained the title of municipality for the Los Jobos village.
- Territorial area: 301.50 km2
- Population: 48,723 inhabitants (2012)
- Patron saint festival: January 15, day of the Lord of Esquipulas, and August 30, day of Santa Rosa.
- Date of creation: 1877
- Villages and hamlets: 11 villages and 103 hamlets.
- Altitude: 100 meters above sea level.
Main economic activity
Cultivation of sugarcane, staple grains, coffee, avocado, oranges, pineapple, soybeans, potatoes, and tubers; raising of cattle, pigs, and horses; poultry and rabbit farming.
- Health: 9 health centers, 1 maternity hospital, and 1 medical specialty center.
- Education: 36 pre-basic education centers, 3 basic education centers, 2 face-to-face secondary education centers, 65 primary education centers, and 41 kindergartens.
It is located southeast of the department, with its headquarters situated southwest of the Guale River. The Guasaule Customs Post is located within its jurisdiction.
- North: Municipalities of El Corpus and Concepción de María
- South: Republic of Nicaragua
- East: Republic of Nicaragua
- West: Municipalities of Namasigüe and Choluteca.