Requirements and Consular Fee for a Birth Certification
The Undersecretariat of Consular and Migratory Affairs has established the following rate for consular service, with the respective requirements, for Hondurans who request a Certificate or Certificate of Birth.
- Precio: US$ 25.00
- Valid Honduran identity card or passport of both parents (If one of the parents is a foreigner, they must present their Valid Passport).
- Original Birth Certificate from the country where the birth occurred.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Proof of payment: Money Order *
- Both parents must go to the Consular Office.
- If only the mother appears registered in the original Birth Certificate of the country where the birth occurred, she will be the person who must go to the Consular Office.
- It is not necessary for the minor to present himself to the Consular Office with his parents.
- In the event that a third person is the one who will register the birth with the National Registry of Persons, the parents must make a Power of Attorney at the Consular Office.
Second Step – Registration in Honduras: Main Requirement
- Original Birth Certificate issued by the Consular Office.
- Power of Attorney (when registration is made by a third person)
Steps to Follow: Ministry of Foreign Relations and International Cooperation
- Authenticate the documentation in the Authentication Unit.
- Processing cost: L.150.00
- Processing time: One day.
NO PROCESSORS ARE REQUIRED.
National Register of persons
- Present the authenticated documentation before the General Secretary of the National Registry of Persons, located in Tegucigalpa (Villatoro Building, Boulevard Morazán, in front of Plaza Criolla).
- Processing cost: Free
- Processing time: One month.
* The Money Order applies only to our Consular Offices in the United States of America and the rest of our Consular Offices use the payment method through bank windows.
CASH PAYMENT IS NOT ACCEPTED AT CONSULAR POSTS.
** All these documents must be original.