Requirements and Consular Fee for a Marriage Certification
The Undersecretariat of Consular and Migratory Affairs has established the following rate for the consular service, with the respective requirements, for Hondurans who request the issuance of a Marriage Certificate.
- Price: US $ 25.00
- Valid Honduran identity card or passport of both spouses (if one of the spouses is a foreigner, they must present their valid passport).
- Original Marriage Certificate from the country where the marriage occurred.
- Proof of payment: Money Order *
- One or both spouses must go to the Consular Office.
- In the case that a third person is the one who will carry out the marriage registration before the National Registry of Persons, the spouses must make a Power of Attorney at the Consular Office
Second Step to Follow – Registration in Honduras: Main Requirement
- Original Marriage Certificate issued by the Consular Office.
- Power of Attorney (when registration is made by a third person).
Steps to Follow: Ministry of Foreign Relations and International Cooperation
- Authenticate the documentation in the Authentication Unit.
- Processing cost: L.150.00
- Processing time: One day.
NO PROCESSORS REQUIRED
National Register of persons
- Present the authenticated documentation before the Municipal Civil Registry of your jurisdiction.
- Processing cost: Free
- Processing Time: Immediate.
* The Money Order applies only to our Consular Offices in the United States of America and the rest of our Consular Offices use the payment method through bank windows.
CASH PAYMENT IS NOT ACCEPTED AT CONSULAR POSTS.
** All these documents must be original.