Requirements and Consular Fee for a Certification of Divorce
The Undersecretariat of Consular and Migratory Affairs has established the following rate for the consular service, with the respective requirements, for Hondurans requesting a Certificate of Divorce .
- Price: US $ 25.00
- Valid Honduran identity card or passport of both divorcees (if one of the divorced persons is a foreigner, they must present their valid passport).
- Original divorce judgment from the country where the divorce occurred.
- Proof of payment: Money Order *
- One or both of the divorced must go to the Consular Office.
- One or both divorced persons must make a Special Power of Attorney at the Consular Office for a Legal Representative in Honduras to carry out the procedures for the recognition of the sentence issued by the foreign court before the Supreme Court of Justice and the National Registry of Persons.
Second Step to Follow – Registration in Honduras: Main Requirement
- Original Divorce Certificate issued by the Consular Office.
- Special Power of Attorney granted to the Legal Representative.
Steps to Follow: Ministry of Foreign Relations and International Cooperation
- Authenticate the documentation in the Authentication Unit.
- Processing cost: L.150.00
- Processing time: One day.
NO PROCESSORS REQUIRED
Supreme Court of Justice
- Present the authenticated documentation before the Family Court who will acknowledge and in turn issue a resolution for the National Registry of Persons to proceed with the registration of the divorce.
- Cost of the Procedure: Fee of the Legal Professional.
- Processing time: 90 to 120 days approximately.
* The Money Order applies only to our Consular Offices in the United States of America and the rest of our Consular Offices use the payment method through bank windows.
CASH PAYMENT IS NOT ACCEPTED AT CONSULAR POSTS.
** All these documents must be original.